Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Another showery and blustery day

After a hearty breakfast, David set off to park his car at the marina owners caravan park about six miles north of Oban. I fitted the main sheet, kicking strap and the spray hood between showers.
We met up in town for Sunday lunch in a hotel with a carvery, which was excellent, followed by a quick nip into Tescos.
In the afternoon we fitted the mainsail between the extremely blustery showers. At one time the wind was howling through the rigging, waves breaking in the marina and hail stones falling on the decks.
After tea, which was a selection of David's French cheeses and wine, we went for a walk to the monument to the founder of the ferry service, which is on the point on the island where all the ferries out to the isles pass.
Before setting out I discovered I'd lost my hat, the new one I'd only bought yesterday. I despair of myself sometimes. I have a woolly hat on board which I found in a gutter about eight years ago, but if I buy a smart hat, I lose it within twenty four hours. I'm hoping that I left it in the bar where we had lunch and I'll be able to collect it tomorrow, but I really don't know where I mislaid it. I shouldn't be let out on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment