Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Kent Boat Jumble

During the week, my dad helped me drill out and re-tap the forestay. All is well now, except the weather, as the winds are too high for the crane.
I was missing a locking nut for the rigging, and they are a strange thread. I rang Craig, http://www.sailingschoolandrigging.com/, he had one and he was coming down to Kent for the Kent Boat Jumble, so I arranged to meet him there. If you are in the market for rigging, do contact Craig, as he is an extremely helpful guy, and his prices are very reasonable.
Naturally, I didn't just collect a locking nut at the Boat Jumble. It was surprisingly good, and the weather was very pleasant which helps. Many years ago I attended a Boat Jumble in Chatham Dockyard. It was was long trek from the car park, it was cold and damp, and the indoor stands were all dark and uninviting,  so I had never returned, although I did buy a boarding ladder for 'Reflection'.
The Boat Jumble at Kent Show Ground, Detling was nicely laid out, and fairly busy with lots of stands, indoors and outdoors. I did find a new steaming light and a mount for the AIS transmitter aerial at reasonable prices.
At Otterham Quay, I fitted the new steaming light, the old one had a very crazed lens, and did the anti-fouling. Blue paint in the hair!
The crane is now booked for Tuesday, and Pete H will be giving me a hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment