Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Kindness of Sailors

We woke up this morning, the wind was howling through the rigging and rain was lashing the decks.

We had already decided that today was to be a 'Rest Day' so we stayed in our bunks until after 08:30.

I checked on the fenders and went to see the quay master about staying put. I still haven't found him, but I did find showers etc in the sailing club. After a chat they said we could spend some time there. I'm using their PC to write this email. The facilities in the club are exceedingly good, and we are both very grateful for the showers. My camera battery and the laptop, with the iphone are all on charge

David has gone back to the boat to make a cup of tea. I'll join him shortly for some toast.

The sun has come out now, so I expect we will go off and explore the village of Bosham on foot. I'm told there are a couple of pubs, a couple of take aways, a Co-Op, a post office, and some tea shops. I expect we'll check out the tea shops for lunch.

We have finished the kitchen paper roll and I know we have some more on board. David says that he has seen them, but we can't find them. Once we have brought some more they will leap out at us.

No comments:

Post a Comment