Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Salcombe - Plymouth

Perhaps, with hindsight, this was a passage which should have been left for the following day. We left Salcombe at 07:30, with one reef in the main. Within a few miles we decided we needed the second reef, and within a couple of miles we gave up sailing and motored into the waves.
I have sailed in stronger winds, and I have sailed in bigger seas, but not both together and for so long. We motored towards Plymouth for four hours with the wind instrument rarely dropping below 30knots and the waves over six foot.
Peter H was rather sea sick. At one time I thought I'd killed him, he was so still and grey. I was really relived when he moved, even though it was to heave over the side.
I'm concerned that Peter H has lost confidence in the skipper, but he must have increased his confidence in Calviere II, which behaved superbly.
With salt in our hair we moored in Mayflower marina, and made good use of their showers & washing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment