Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Guest Blogger John D in Ardrossan

After the glorious sunny day yesterday Peter's decision to seek refuge in the the safe confines of Ardrossen Marina where vindicated. It was a stormy  night, and today it settled down a bit. As can be seen by the photo taken on the prom at Saltcoats.
Saltcoats Sea Front
I have been missing my bicycle recently so I decided to go off for a cycle ride. (leaving Peter with the domestic duties).
All was going fine, I used the cycle route through Saltcoats heading towards Irvine, then I had a puncture (calamity of calamities). See photo.

Sad Bike

I carried on, on foot to the next town and caught the train back to Ardrossen Harbour. There are numerous cycle paths and I certainly intend to return here with a proper bike.
Reunited with Captain Fisher we settled down to an evening an meal of Guiness, Crackers and Camembert. Another great day Nite nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment