Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tuesday in Glasgow - guest blogger

Today being my last day as crew member on Calviere Two, as a special treat I was allowed ashore for a visit to Glasgow.
We took a train into Glasgow and then an open top circular bus tour of the city, the weather was glorious. The bus took us past a statue of a mounted Duke of Wellington, the courier thought it was funny that the city authorities make no effort to remove the traffic cone from his head - I was not impressed, very disrespectful.
As we entered George Square we were greeted by the sounds of a pipe band. Pipers from around the world had descended on Glasgow for the Annual International Piping Festival - I was impressed.
Back to the boat in time for 'The Archers' and a simple tea of bread & cheese.
I am returning home to Goring-by-Sea in the morning with fond memories having shared some fantastic sailing with Peter over the last ten days. Thank you Peter for your company and sharing Calviere Two with me. Best wishes for on your oddesey.
John D.

No comments:

Post a Comment