Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

End of this years adventure!

It has been a strange couple of days, dominated by the Scottish weather. Once Peter and I established that even if we could see a weather window which could enable a trip to Tobermory, there was no sign of a break that would enable a passage back to Oban. The marina could lift us out this week, but next week the hoist was booked for maintenance.
So we made the decision to lift out yesterday, and after that there was no point in staying any longer.
Calviere II is now ashore, water drained from the tanks, sails stowed below, engine winterised.
Peter caught the 12:50 train to Glasgow. Whilst in Oban, we did see Nicholas Crane, filming for an episode of Coast, I think they must be following my blog.
I'm sitting at the bus stop waiting for my first bus of my overnight trip home.
Many thanks to Peter H for his company on the two passages. Both trips being altered by the weather. But we did make some memorable journies, such as through The Crinan Canal, and that bash through the waves into Plymouth.
I will start planing next years return to the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment