Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 3, 2012

The Adventure Continues- Monday 3rd September

Chrissy and I enjoyed our Baltic Cruise out of Harwich to St Petersburg on the Thomson Spirit.
We did return to some bad news. A good friend, fellow member of Queenborough Yacht club and the Harbour Trust, David Holden, died. David had been suffering with leukemia for the past year and had returned to Medway Hospital whilst we were away. In the past, David had sailed around Britain twice, and had taken Skeetwell to the Baltic, so I had been looking forward to comparing notes and showing him my photos. He will be missed by Queenborough, and the much larger sailing community.
This morning, Chrissy put me on the 08:05 coach out of Maidstone and shortly after 21:00, I met Peter H in the pub in Greenock. Peter had sorted out the boat keys from the marina and restocked the larder, so we are ready to continue the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment