Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 12, 2013

A cold, wet, windy day in Stornoway

The weather forecast again was dire, which is really why we had made our passage direct to Stornoway, not stopping at the other minor anchorages on route. And the forecast has turned out to be spot on correct. 
So we will be leaving the boat on Tuesday, travelling down to Loch Boisdale by bus, and then catch the Wednesday morning ferry to Oban. A little adventure involving buses & ferries.  Once in Oban, we will collect David's car and head for Kent, stopping overnight, probably in Carlisle. 
A really good Sunday lunch in the Royal Hotel, sitting at a window table where I can see Calviere II mast rocking in the stiff breeze. We both had the slow roasted pork belly which turned out to be a good choice. 
Once again I have received criticism that my blog is too food centric. And again, on a day like today, I make no apologises. Outside - cold and wet. Inside - warm and content. Two malts also help to increase the internal glow. This Sunday lunch is probably the only thing we will do today, and we intend to do it well. 

1 comment:

  1. For me Peter, no apologies needed. I would much rather read about a positive happy glow than about two frozen wet sailors battling for survival. The pork belly sounded wonderful. Watching the weather you have certainly made the right decision and I wish you both a great time island hopping and a safe return to Kent for you both and then home to me in France for Dave. T

    ReplyDelete