Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 27, 2013

Back to Calviere II in Stornoway

I had done some ringing round and John Elliott very kindly agreed to clear his busy schedule and join me for the next leg. I have never sailed with John before, only against him in the Swale Regatta. He, in Inachus, always beats me, but he is in the faster class. He is on the handicap committee, so I suspect he has it sorted. 
He arrived this morning at 06:30, along with mum & dad to take us to Gatwick. 
The Wetherspoons breakfast was followed by three 'free' sample whiskies as we past the duty free area. I don't usually drink the hard stuff before lunch, but they forced us. A 15 year single malt, a very tasty Chivers Regal blended, and a Jura. I was surprised that they were giving away free whisky, first thing on a bank holiday Monday, but I didn't complain, even though they didn't give us a full measure. 
The wait between flights at Inverness was much greater than the flight times combined. 
 Calviere II was just as I had left her, just warmer and dryer. 
After restocking the larder, we went up to the Thai restaurant that I'd been with David. 




No comments:

Post a Comment