Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Guest Blogger's Restaurant Review

 It is Sunday and I have stopped sailing, sadly, as Pete and I will be doing the boat hold chores tomorrow in preparation for going home on Tuesday.  I had had a superb time on Calviere II over the past fortnight, some good sailing - but not as much as I would have liked, thanks to the lack of wind/wind in the wrong direction etc but we have got around from Arbroath to Whitby in the time anticipated so that is something to be pleased with.

Pete says that we have been eating our way down the East coast and that may be very true.  I hate to think how much weight I may have put on but I could not get through the doorway into the first class en-suite bedroom (forecastle) when I started so I am not able to judge any gain or, hopefully, loss at this time.

If I were to rate the restaurants that we used in order of quality I would list them as follows:

1 - Greens in Whitby (probably one of the best Sunday lunches I have eaten for a long time).

2 - Loch Fyne in Leith.

 3 - El Torrero a wonderful authentic Spanish tapas restaurant n Newcastlek

4 - The Taj Mahal in Amble

5 - Krimo's in Hartlepool

6 - Zeeca in Amble (an Italian restaurant but did an exceptional Sunday roast beef)

7 - The Old Boathouse in Arbroath

8 - The Fisherman's Wife in Whitby where they served a most excellent fish & chips

I must add that coming no 6, 7 or 8 in my list does not mean it was not good, in fact they were all very good, just simply that the others had a bit more of an edge to them.

We did eat on Calviere II some of the time, where we had simple fare, simply prepared.

All in all I have enjoyed both my maritime and my gastronomic two weeks and would quite happily do it again sometime (if my sister-in-law ever allows Pete to do something like this again).

Good sailing to those that follow me and may Calviere II serve us all well into the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment