Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Shotley Point Marina to Queenborough

It hasn't been my intention to head for home so early as we had planned to call in at Brightlingsea. Whilst the weather forecast for today was favourable for a trip to Brightlingsea, the forecast for the following couple of days was not looking too good. On Thursday the wind was going to be force four or five from the South west and the winds and waves were going to increase in size. We revised our plan and headed for Queenborough.
Shortly after leaving Harwich  harbour, we had a call on the radio. Colin Drewer on Mindy had seen me approaching from the opposite direction. He had stayed overnight at Bradwell, and was making his way up the Orwell to Ipswich. He  congratulated me on my circumnavigation.
In bright sunshine and with a little wind, we made our way down the Essex coast and then crossed the Thames estuary.
As the tide was rising, I make my way to the inner harbour and put Calviere Two on the scrubbing off berth.
Eddie very kindly ran Peter and I home for the night.
So the great adventure is complete. I'll write another blog entry later in the week with my thanks and overall experiences.



No comments:

Post a Comment