Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Goono Day!

For some strange reason, the details of which I won't go into, the family call me Goono.  This has been for a number of years since I was a small child. August 1 is Goono day, upon which I am given useless presents. No presents this year, but I did get a 'Happy Goono Day' text from my Mum & Dad. 
I spent the morning varnishing the woodwork on the side of the boat which I washed yesterday. I was just about to turn the boat around, so I could do the starboard side, when a fishing boat returned and parked in his berth opposite. It didn't allow me sufficient room to swing Calviere II round. The rest will have to wait until tomorrow. 
In the evening, I went to see the Whitby amateur dramatics Society production of Hayfever. This was their first night and it was good fun. I also won a bottle of wine in the raffle. 
At home, Chrissy had all sorts of problems with the BT phone line. It is dead, and just produces a crackle, although the broadband still works. BT are due to come on Monday to fix the problem and in the meantime, Chrissy has diverted all the calls to her mobile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment