Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 14, 2012

14th July Howth to Carlingford

I had originally intended to head for Malahide and stay one night. But the weather has been so unpredictable and the trip to Malahide was only about five miles I decided to press on to Carlingford.
When we left Howth, yet again the wind was on the nose, so we motored. The waves did build a bit in the wind over tide conditions, but nothing too demanding. I was able to leave Dorril on the helm whilst I dozed for a short while.
On my return, the wind had changed direction slightly and we were able to raise the sails and switch off the engine. It only lasted twenty minutes but we enjoyed it whilst it lasted. The north wind returned, and it has been rather cold.
On arrival in Carlingford Marina at 20:30, Dorril cooked a stew to warm us up.
The Mourne Mountains in the north are beautiful, the skyline on each side of the lough is very rugged.

No comments:

Post a Comment