Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday 20th July

I purchased a 7 day travel card for all the public transport on the Island, and Dorril bought the 3 day version. First trip was from Peel into Douglas on the bus.
Here I tried to sort out my telephones. There is no Orange service on the Isle of Man, so my iPhone is only useful when I can get a wifi signal and it is locked to Orange. The phone I bought in southern Ireland is locked to Tesco's and that doesn't work in the IOM. So I had to buy yet another phone, 'Three Phone Fisher'. At least this new one isn't locked to any particular network.
We took the narrow gauge steam railway to Port Erin and enjoyed the sunshine, while it lasted.
We alighted at Port Erin in the rain. A strange noise emanated from my bag. My new phone rang! John D from the south of France, and due to take over the forward stateroom when Dorril leaves next week. He was basking in the hot sunshine, following the Tour de France, where Bradley Wiggins & Chris Frome are currently leading.
Port Erin is propably very pleasant in the summer, it was enjoyable in the rain, but we bussed it back to Douglas.
We walked along the prom, and noticed the horse drawn tram, which our Explorer ticket also covered, so we let the horses, Ian & Mark, do the work.
Back in Douglas we stopped for Fish & Chips in a quayside restaurant.
I received an email telling me that Tony Curd, one of the UKPN 132kV Tower Linesman from Kent, had the honour of carrying the Olympic Torch through Bexhill. Congratulations to Tony!

No comments:

Post a Comment