Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Set sail again

We left Arklow, with no wind and barely a ripple. I had intended to stop a night in Wicklow, but three people I'd mentioned this plan to all said 'you don't want to go there'. I changed the passage plan and Wicklow became a port of refuge in the event of bad weather.
We motored past in a flat calm, with a strong tide helping us on.
We arrived in Dun Laoghaire early afternoon. On calling into the marina reception I was given the package containing my phone charging lead some I can call Chrissy again.
We took the train into Dublin, and booked a coach tour up into The Wicklow Mountains for the following day.
Dorril and I spent the evening wandering around Dublin over the bridges over The Liffey. This was followed by an Irish Stew and a Guinness with live music.
On Tuesday, we were up early to catch the train back into Dublin. The coach took us up out of the city, upwards with our ears popping. We saw lots of hills, mountains, lakes & waterfalls, which were all very green and beautiful.
On our return into Dublin, we sought out yet another bar, with very lively music, Guinness and steak & Guinness pie. All were very grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment