Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 23, 2012

Goodbye Dorril

As Dorril had a long journey back to Staplehurst, we thought a substantial breakfast was in order. Dorril had the Eggs Benidict with smoked salmon. I had the Manx Kippers. I continued to enjoy my kippers throughout the day.
John D had been on the Champs Élysées to see Bradley Wiggins win the Tour de France, and took a picture of Bradley as he passed on his lap of honor.
I travelled with Dorril to the Airport to wave goodbye to another good crew member.
From there I bussed it down to Port Erin & Port St Mary's with the intention of calling in at Castletown to see the House of Keys. This is the old parliament building.
The wind was blowing strongly across the moorings in Port St Mary. One of the yachts had broken away from it's mooring buoy and was now left stranded by the tide high on the rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment