Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Damp Tuesday

We caught the early bus out of Ardglass to Downpatrick, and then onto Newry. Dorril had particularly wanted to see the Mourne Mountains closer. We had seen them from the sea and they looked more rugged than the Wicklow Mountains in the south.
Unfortunately, the weather conditions were not the best for sightseeing. The rain & mist meant that we were lucky at times to see the verge at the side of the road.
Newry didn't feature in Dorril's tourist guide for Ireland, with good reason. It isn't the most attractive towns. The most memorable feature is the bus station. We left after a damp hour, and returned to Newcastle which was a beautiful seaside town.
We caught the Mourne Rambler bus which is a circular tour out of Newcastle. Whilst the rain had lifted a bit, everything was all damp and spray. The driver seemed intent on completing his lap in record time.
We returned to Ardglass.
A comment has been made that my blog is very food centric. I try to make the blog of interest to my non sailing readers. It could be a list of buoys on passage, and statistics about the weather, but I do enjoy my food, and meals do happen three times a day.
Tonight's evening meal was spectacular, even compared to the Mountains of Mourne. We took a taxi to an out of town seafood resturant, Curran's. Dorril had the Seafood Gratin and I had the Seafood Platter. My plate was huge and overflowing with tasty nibbles of fish. All of which were extremely enjoyable. I did manage to get the garlic butter from the mussels down my shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment