Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

24th July

I went into Douglas to meet my parents at their hotel. They have come over to the IOM for a weeks holiday, and this date to join up has been set since I started my adventure.
I took them on the horse drawn tram direct from their promenade hotel to the steam railway station. As we were early we stopped for a cup of coffee. I had been very tempted by the 'Firemans Breakfast' which is served on the shovel on which it is fried. Unfortunately they had stopped serving breakfasts and I had to make do with a scone with jam & fresh cream.
The train took us into Castletown, where we had a wander around the harbour and crab sandwiches.
After lunch we explored the castle, which is very good; compact, but you do get to explore from the dungeons to the roof top. Some of the rooms are set up for a royal banquet.
All too soon the train trundled us back to Douglas.

No comments:

Post a Comment