Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Friday Evening in the YC

After returning to Peel, I left Dorril on board and went to sound out the local
Yacht club. It opens 8 until late on wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays.
In the bar they had one of the flags I had been admiring, which I thought was a round Britain curtesy flag. It incorporated the Scottish, the Irish, the Welsh, IOM, Cornish flags plus one other I didn't recognise. The one I didn't know was the Breton flag, and the whole flag is for the Celtic nations, so I'm not really eligible to fly it.
I got chatting to John & Sheila who are sailing their Westerly Berwick, Wild Again, out of Dublin. They had been in Ardglass whilst we had been there and they are making their way south after visiting the west coast of Scotland.
When I left the club it was packed.

No comments:

Post a Comment