Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 7, 2013

Inverness to Lossiemouth

After settling up with Craig, I spent the morning giving the boat a bit of a cleanup, before setting off at 11:00 (HW -1:30). There was little wind and what there was, was from the East. So I did have the engine on all the way.
After passing under the Kessock Bridge and had entered the Moray Firth, I was joined by two dolphins. One was determined to put a good show, jumping right out of the water, falling back tail first. They jumped in and out of the bow wave and the wake. Fantastic, but difficult to photograph as they never appeared in the same location or bearing twice.
The sea was completely flat with barely a ripple. I carried on polishing the boat, just keeping an eye out for the occasional look round, and keeping the log up to date.

I arrived in Lossiemouth at 18:00. I had a quick look round the town, mainly looking for a postcard, without success. Hopefully, I find one tomorrow before I leave.

Some bad news from home, Eddie is being made redundant from June. I hope they give him a pot of money for the big boat, but he is too young to retire.

No comments:

Post a Comment