Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Inverness

I write this sitting at Craig's desk in the marina office, still using my laptop. My attempts to write the blog from the iPhone have ended in failure.
Yesterday, after waving goodbye to John, I went in search of a iPhone repair man in Inverness. Chrissy’s internet search suggested that there maybe two, one ‘The Apple Store’ and Inverness Mobile Phone Repairs.
The Apple store staff were helpful, but they only had new phones, and arranged under warranty repairs on the latest models.
The phone repair man could change the battery, but he didn’t have one in stock. He could send it off for replacement and it would be ready for collection next week. Not much use to me then.
So I went off in search of a ‘New’ phone. CET exchange had a second-hand iPhone 4 which looked really smart, so I bought it, even though I would need a new ‘micro sim’ card. The young lad in the store assured me that EE – Orange will issue a new sim card in the Inverness store.
I went to the Inverness EE store, and after talking to some chap in India, they would send me a new micro-sim, but it had to be to my home address. Not much use to me then
Back to CET, exchanged the iPhone 4 to a 3GS they had in stock.
I couldn’t download any apps for weather forecasts or to update the blog as the firmware needs updating. To update the firmware, it needs to be connected to iTunes, via a computer.
So this morning, I took my computer and phone to the marina office. After much looking on the internet I determine that to install iTunes on the ToughBook Laptop, I need the latest version of windows. I think it is time to give up, and the only way I can update the blog is when I have a wifi connection for the laptop.
David and Craig in the Inverness Marina Office have been very kind, allowing me to plug the PC into the LAN, and use Craig’s desk for the last hour.

Craig, sitting at David's desk, as I've borrowed his.

The marina is all very new and smart. The paint was still drying on the shower block yesterday. The washing machines in the laundry have been working hard for me.
I was going to pop my sleeping bag into the dryer, but I’m going to run it up the mast as a flag, in honour of my mum’s birthday today. Happy Birthday Mum, Love from Inverness.


No comments:

Post a Comment