Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Goodbye to Colin

Colin had agreed to help me with one of the more challenging legs of my trip. This leg involved crossing two major obstacles. The Bristol Channel and the Irish Sea. And he was up for the task. The Irish Sea is the first 'sea' I've crossed, before it has been sailing along coastlines or crossing 'The Channel' but with Colin I can now say I've crossed a sea! Thank you Colin.
Colin caught the bus to Dublin, and then the ferry to Holyhead. From there he'll be on a number of trains, finally arriving at Euston at half one tomorrow morning.
I have booked a bus, ferry & coach ticket back home to Maidstone, leaving Saturday pm and arriving noon on Sunday. I return to Arklow on Friday 6th and Dorril will be signing the crew list on Saturday 7th July.
Getting emails hasn't been too easy as my Orange phone isn't working. There is a bar in Arklow, which I can stand outside and download the emails, but I don't want to be too regular. Colin and I did go in a few times for coffee.....
One of the emails was from John A, the chairman of the Maidstone RNLI guild. He is one of my blog followers. He said some kind words about my travels, but he hasn't been well himself. He has had to undergo some tests in hospital. One of those tales from home which makes me think just how lucky I am to be on this self imposed quest. I have the support of my friends, crew, family and most important, my wife. I have my health, I have the boat, I have the resources and thanks to UKPN I have the time and the opportunity. Any one of these factors missing, and my adventure would never have started.
Best wishes for your health to John A.

No comments:

Post a Comment