Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday in Padstow

After the late night and the early leaving of my neighbours, I didn't arise to early. It being Father's Day I rang my parents to wish them well. The card I'd posted in Falmouth had arrived in good time, unlike mum's birthday card.
I popped all the washing, pillow cases, towels and sleeping bag in the washing machine, two loads. The sleeping bag I hoisted up the mast to dry as a big flag, so Chrissy could see it on the Padstow Harbour WebCam. Leaving my washing in the tumble dryer I went off for lunch.
I had booked a table in the Resturant of The London Inn, but as I was going to be the only person in there I decided to eat my roast beef, with all the trimmings, in the bar. And very tasty it was to.
I returned to Calviere II, having collected the dried washing with the intension of a snooze. A young lad was basking on a violin not far away, but he wasn't too loud. As I started to nod off a brass band started up over the overside of the harbour, and they were loud, drowning out the violin.
I went up on deck and sat listening to the music. The St Pinnock Brass Band played all afternoon and right into the evening with a short beer break. And not once did they play 'The Padstow Lifeboat'.

No comments:

Post a Comment