Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 17, 2012

A horrible day in Padstow

is miles better than work !
It rained on and off all day, with a gusty breeze. Even if I had crew aboard, we would have been seeking shelter and Padstow has all I need.
Between showers, I walked up to the church for a stroll, and bought myself a steak & Stilton Cornish Pastie, which I ate back on board Calviere II. Chrissy had mentioned the Padstow Harbour WebCam - http://www.padstow-harbour.co.uk/phc_webcam.html. So I found a prominent spot, texted Chrissy and gave her a wave.
With Micheal & Luara from Folie alongside, we refilled the fuel tanks and then sank a couple of pints in The London Inn.
As they were leaving at 04:00 we decided to have a early night. On the way back to the boats, we stopped to chat with the crews off Zenta & Starship. Starship's single handed skipper, Roger, was also heading for the Isles of Scilly on the morning tide, and Zenta, with Colin and Micheal, are heading there later. Bottles and boxes of wine were produced, and the early night was forgotten.
At 04:00 I stood in the cockpit in my PJ's and waved goodbye to Folie and Starship.

No comments:

Post a Comment