Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Guest Blogger - Eddie

Saturday morning found me heading for Falmouth by train. Everything seemed to be going great until I was aboard the great western train from London. It was while on this train I found that train robberies were still common in the uk. The train guard informed me that i had boarded the train too early, and had to pay a further £50. After explaining to him that it was actually theft, paid the fee and carried on.
When I finally arrived at Falmouth I was met by Pete's friendly face and soon I was feeling much better after getting to the boat. Saturday evening saw us exploring the varied night life and chilling out.
Sunday was a rather dull type day but arrangements had been made with the Westerly Owners club to go to Mylor where we had a great dinner meeting and talking to our new friends. Over the evening we discussed where we would go the following day. While at Myler Pete became a bit of a hero by becoming famous for fixing people's boats.
Monday saw a great improvement in the weather and again headed up river in a flotilla. Before leaving Pete pumped up the inflatable. While motoring up stream we noticed that the inflatable was deflating. Unconcerned for my own safety, i threw myself into the dinghy armed with the pump in a bid to save the day. (well ok, that might be a bit of a dramatic description)
After arriving at a large pontoon we got our selves ready for getting into our dinghies and heading for a BBQ area. Soon we had the BBQs going and the wine and rum were flowing. One thing I did notice was I was the youngest person there. Those of you who know me may be aware of the tattoos on by behind, and though it is a long story had the conversation developed, I was shocked that a number of women old enough to be my mother talked me into showing the tattoos while queuing up with cameras.
Tuesday is totally different, rain and cold seem to be here for the day but we are hoping on all going to a local pub with an All Tide Landing. From what has happened over the last few days I can see another chapter being written in my book.
I will try to write more as the days go by but it is difficult to describe how difficult
it is to write using a two inch keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment