Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday - Rest Day in St Ives - Eddie Guest Blog

After being holed up at Falmouth for a week it was obvious that the Scillies was lost. On Saturday though the weather looked iffy we headed out for Penzance, rounding the Lizard was a bit lively but the sailing was great. We had to wait a couple of hours to enter Penzance and was grateful to get in. We were the fifth boat out from quay and getting on and off was running a gauntlet.
The following day was still rather dull, cold and showery but looking better so we took off aiming for St Ives. We had a great sail and rounding Lands End felt quite an achievement.
We entered St Ives earlier than anticipated so inflated the dinghy and went ashore. This morning nearly went a little 'Lucky Eddie', when after getting into the inflatable Pete asked me to go back on board for the pump. When getting back into the inflatable I caught the rear air plug (the one without a valve). It seemed like I was reliving a nightmare as it became apparent my end of the dinghy was melting beneath my backside.
I wonder if that would have happened if Pete hadn't asked me to go back for the pump.
It was a great day today and spent most of it wandering around St Ives. We will be leaving tonight and heading for Padstow tomorrow. There are a lot of things that have happened that will end up as another chapter in my book.
That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment