Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 15, 2012

Goodbye to Eddie

We had to be up early to catch the bus out of Padstow to Wadebridge where Eddie was to catch the coach to London. Eddie bought some trip provisions and the coach whisked him away on time.
Many thanks to Eddie for being a good crew member and friend. And also thank you to Ann for enabling Eddie to join me.
I had left my rain hat on the bus, the third hat of the trip to go missing. Using the timetable I established that the bus we had been on would return to Wadebridge at 09:00 so I went to meet it at the bus station. The bus returned from Bodmin. I asked the driver if he had found a green hat, and he said 'That one there' pointing to mine on the dashboard.
After a breakfast bap, I walked the 'Camel Trail' back to Padstow, grateful I had my hat back as it showered on and off all the way.
I stopped, during one of the sunny periods, in a bird watching hide overlooking the Camel Estuary. I sat watching the birdies. Ducks, swans, Gulls, a little egret. Quiet and peacefully.
I returned to Calviere II and got chatting to Micheal and Laura on 'Folie a Dux', the Irish Vaga adjacent. He sailed singlehanded from Cork, and are heading south to The Isles of Scilly and then on to Brittany.
A late lunch of a well deserved pint and a crab sandwich in The Harbour Inn.
On my way back to the boat I noticed that the local lifeboat was in the harbour for an open day, so I took in the full tour. A 16m Tamer class.
Back aboard I was just considering what to have for dinner, when I was invited on 'Folie' for a glass of Champagne and olives. Which developed into a 'stay for dinner'. Many thanks to Laura.
Micheal and I studied The Isles of Scilly charts and pilot books. I'm upset not to be heading there myself, but my chance was taken by a string of low pressure systems, and my adventure continues, but heading north.

No comments:

Post a Comment